Healthy Effects of regularly using Steam Bath / Steam Shower:
- A steam bath is a health-giving as well as enjoyable.
- Warm and gentle heat of steam bath relaxes your body.
- It melts away the extra fats.
- It soothes tensed and strained muscles.
- It cleans dirt from body and keeps the complexion fresh as well as invigorating.
- Provides sound sleep at night.
A great advantage of the steam bath lies in its highly beneficial effect on the skin, a feature particularly appreciated by women. The moist heat stimulates the subcutaneous blood flow and cleanses the skin intensively, opening the pores, removing dead skin and impurities and leaving the skin feeling soft, clean and silky smooth.
Let’s discuss in detail some major Health Benefits of using a Steam Bath.
- Improves Blood-Circulation: The heat you get, while sitting in a steam room, widens veins and blood vessels, which may improve your cardiovascular health.
- Lowers Blood-Pressure: Sitting in a steam room make you to feel relaxed as it helps in releasing aldosterone, a hormone that regulates your blood pressure.
- Reduces Stress: Being in the steam room can also minimize your body’s production of cortisol, a hormone that regulates the level of your stress.
- Clears Congestion: Steam inhalation is effective in alleviating respiratory illness, like sinusitis bronchitis, asthma, common cold, and other allergies.The environment created by steam rooms can warm the mucous membrane, cleanse bronchial tubes, and boost deep breathing thus, help breaking-up congestion inside the sinuses and lungs.
- Promotes Skin Health: Spending time in steam room opens up your skin-pores, and helps in clearing all sorts of toxins trapped underneath your skin through environmental exposure. The sweating expels accumulated toxins and metabolic wastes from the body thus, leaving the skin with a luminous glow.
- Aids in Workout Recovery: Steam room’s heat can penetrate deep into muscle tissue and reduces the lactic acid in your muscles that causes delayed onset muscles soreness (or DOMS) – the pain you feel after working out.
- Loosens Stiff Joints: Using a steam room as part of your warm-up can help you reach maximum mobility during activities, including running, yoga, and others. The released steam eases tense and cramped muscles by increasing the blood flow to every part of the body.
- Burns Calories: Steam shower reduces fats by increasing body metabolism thereby burning more calories. Using steam rooms and saunas regularly as a way to burn calories at the gym could help make your diet and exercise routine more effective.
- Boosts the Immune System: Steam is therapeutic in nature as it boosts the immune system by increasing body temperature and in turn stimulates leukocytes – the cells that fight infection. The steam room sessions may also give your blood-stream an immunity boost that could lead to you getting sick less often.
- Releases Body-Toxins: Sitting in a steam room for just 10 minutes daily, allows your body to release its bad toxins, whether it be from the environment or from a heavy weekend.
Other Key Health Benefits of using Steam and Sauna Room:
- Emulsifies fat of sebaceous glands, which are microscopic exocrine glands in the skin that secrete an oily or waxy matter, called sebum, to lubricate and waterproof the skin and hair.
- Enhances the development of collagen – the structural protein found in skin and other connective tissues, primarily used in purified form for cosmetic surgical treatments.
- Hydrates dry skin to protect itfrom various dermatological (skin) disorders
- A moderate steam bath is good for physical and mental well-being.
- Makes you feel more active, just like you feel after physical exercise,because it helps in increasing both the heart rate as well as oxygen intake.
- Supports hypothermia that deliberately rises the temperature above its normal level (of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit) to utilize the body-heat as a natural healing process.